Themes and subthemes
Main theme: Connecting teachers, schools and systems: Creating the conditions for effective learning.
The conference theme for ICSEI 2016 emphasises the importance of teachers, schools and systems as critical elements in efforts to ensure effective learning and foster sustained improvement which will be explored through keynote addresses, paper sessions, symposia and State of the Art sessions.
Proposals, based on the conference sub themes, are invited for symposia, parallel paper sessions, round tables, poster presentations and Innovate! ? sessions highlighting innovative approaches adopted in school or in supporting the schools to enhance practice and increase effectiveness.
- Teacher effectiveness, teacher quality and professional learning
- Leadership development and practice to build sustained improvement
- Partnerships and collaborations: schools, agencies, government, research
- Policy translations and mistranslations
- Researching the conditions for effective learning
- Self-evaluation: schools and systems improvement.